- Consulting, Operations Research, Logistics
Simulation has been the core of TBA's activities since it was founded. We have clients in all kinds of businesses, mostly in logistics in general and container terminals in particular. We apply simulation modeling on all kinds of levels, depending on the goal of the simulation.
Since the start of the company, TBA has always stood at the forefront of simulation as a discipline. Within the container terminal industry, we pioneered the integration of simulation into the entire terminal lifecycle from design to operations. Nowadays, our models are the the most widely used (and validated) models available on the market. This has made us the de facto leader in container terminal simulation worldwide.
Your task as a simulation consultant
As a simulation consultant at TBA in our Delft office (The Netherlands), you will be faced with the challenge of developing simulation models for our customers around the globe. You will work on the further development of our simulation object library.
When a customer-specific simulation project is carried out, our consultants configure and extend the model based on the customer's needs. They then analyze the results and create reports to answer the client's questions. As each of our customers has different requirements, we need people who are strong analytically and can come up with creative solutions, while also being very meticulous in their work.
Finally, in some projects where we study existing terminals, we need to spend time on-site to investigate the state of affairs. Depending on their qualifications, our simulation consultants will visit terminals to gather input for our simulations, to present results, or to assist in the implementation of performance improvement measures.
Our ideal simulation consultant fits the following profile:
- Relevant education on university level, and affinity with logistics and simulation.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Structured and meticulous working approach.
- Experience in at least 1 programming language, preferably Java or C++.
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Willingness to travel on an incidental basis.
- Team player with a hands-on mentality.
We have the following to offer:
- Work in an international team with customers around the world.
- Continuous professional challenges.
- Small company culture aimed at results.
Interested in this job?
If this job description sparks your interest and you would enjoy working in an innovative, young and dedicated team, please email your CV and cover letter to Melanie van Wijngaarden at firstname.lastname@example.org