- Data Science, Trading
- Required language
- Dutch, English
Optiver is an industry leader across everything we do. We don’t just meet industry standards we aim to set them! With trading teams focusing on a broad range of financial products we are able to provide an unrivalled universe of exciting opportunities for our employees. Through our core function as a market-maker we continuously improve the market by being the source of liquidity for market participants.
As a Data Analyst at Optiver you will be able to have a big impact on improving our current trading strategies through in-depth analysis of our trade data.
If you have an academic degree, advanced Excel, VBA and SQL skills and a passion to prove yourself you could be the Data Analyst we are looking for.
What you’ll do
The Optiver trading floor is one of the most dynamic, exciting trading floors in Europe. As a Data Analyst you will work directly alongside our trading and research teams gaining valuable insight into how our trading company operates. You will be responsible for managing large amounts of data, producing regular as well as ad-hoc reports and leading a diverse set of projects to improve our trading activities. We will also challenge you to learn new programming languages like Python, Lua and C++.
What you’ll need
- An academic degree, preferably in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Econometrics, Finance or Economics.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, VBA and SQL
- Great attention to detail
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Competitive attitude and eagerness to constantly improve yourself
What you’ll get
- The chance to further your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly for the position of Data Analyst via our website. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact the Recruitment team on +31 (0) 20 708 70 00 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, if you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Data Analyst, you will be required to take an online assessment. Additionally, visa requirements apply for non-EU applicants.